Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!



Anti-PC League

Powered by Blogger


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.


Monday, December 12, 2005

Thank a Soldier Week

December 19-25 is thank a soldier week, I think that about says it all, when was the last time you have thanked a soldier? What I find funniest about this is I've never met a soldier who wants or needs thanks. Everyone I knew when I served never knew how to respond to a thank you. The average soldier doesn't think anything of what he does, its a job, its his duty; he isn't doing anything he sees as exceptional. Yet at the same time, I think they truely deserve all of the thanks we can give them. I would like to start with a thank you to Dan and Pawnman, I see both of them more as friends than soldiers, however they are both in the armed services and are fighting the good fight...fortunatly both are in the CONUS, but they are as important as those overseas. I truely miss the little time I was in and wish it were possible to go back without having to go through covering a slightly offensive tattoo that is very meaningful to me. I'm done dragging on, but please, thank a soldier through this site, and thank every soldier you meet, active, reserve, or retired.