Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!



Anti-PC League

Powered by Blogger


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.


Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Real Support for the Troops...

"I know how much it means to the guys who are stuck lying on their backs, unable to use their hands to so much as scratch. Being fed, bathed, taken care of like an infant—not exactly a fitting role for a warrior who's used to being the one who helps others. It sure as hell wasn't a role that I wanted..."
Soldier's Angels is sponsoring a fundraiser called Valour-IT inspired by Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss at TC Override, a military blogger that was wounded in Iraq. the goal is to raise money to buy laptops and voice-operated software for those soldiers unable to use a keyboard due to their injuries. As CPT Ziegenfuss has noted, this can help with recovery:
"At that time I had no use of either hand. I know how humbling it is, how humiliating it feels. And I know how much better I felt, how amazingly more functional I felt, after Soldiers' Angels provided me with a laptop and a loyal reader provided me with the software. I can't wait to do the same, to give that feeling to another soldier at Walter Reed."
You can do two things, donate (link will be posted on this site soon) and help get the word out. The drive ends on the 11th of November (Veteran's Day).

The donation link is up! Check the sidebar. There is some inter-service competition between the Army, Air Force and Marines (no Navy bloggers have stepped up, *heh-heh*).