Prev | List | Random | Next
Join
Powered by RingSurf!



Anti-PC League

Powered by Blogger


Day By Day© by Chris Muir.


Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Dispicable New York Times

Mudville Gazette has the details. In a nutshell the newspaper has been taking quotes from soldiers in the field and editing them to fit what they wanted to say.

Here is the latest, a quote as written in the NY Times from a soldier's death letter:
Sifting through Corporal Starr's laptop computer after his death, his father found a letter to be delivered to the marine's girlfriend. "I kind of predicted this," Corporal Starr wrote of his own death. "A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances."


But here is what the letter really said:
"Obviously if you are reading this then I have died in Iraq. I kind of predicted this, that is why I'm writing this in November. A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances. I don't regret going, everybody dies but few get to do it for something as important as freedom. It may seem confusing why we are in Iraq, it's not to me. I'm here helping these people, so that they can live the way we live. Not have to worry about tyrants or vicious dictators. To do what they want with their lives. To me that is why I died. Others have died for my freedom, now this is my mark."


Disgusting, abhorrent, dispicable....It really makes me want to explode.

But that's not the whole of it, nor the first (and presuably not the last unfortunately), Mudville Gazette has the rest.

All the news that print to fit....

ADDENDUM:

Michelle Malkin has a good follow-up, including the NYT's defense of the journalist, Jim Dao, and a letter from a soldier to Mr Dao.